Revision as of 21:39, 13 December 2010 by Rnlanders
The overall timeline of this project is as follows:
- Phase 1: Development. For the 2011 Academic Year (Fall 2011 - Spring 2012), the programming team will develop the SOCL software. This is based upon the socialPsych platform that served as the pilot data for this project.
- Phase 2: Active Student Participation. For the life of the grant (Summer 2012 onward), the grant will support almost all costs associated with SOCL including: hosting the software, providing a technical support chat line and e-mail address, and actively updating the software if bugs are encountered.
- Phase 3: Migration. After the life of the grant has ended, institutions are expected to migrate the SOCL platform to their own locally hosted servers. Because the software is free, this is primarily an IT infrastructure cost plus any technical support role required. Many institutions will be able to continue use of the software for near-zero cost.
This can be further broken down by the specific semesters in which each project piece takes place:
- Phase 1: Development
Fall 2011 Interface Design and Initial Focus Groups Spring 2012 Programming and Question Collection Summer 2012 Product Testing and Refinement
- Phase 2: Active Student Participation
Fall 2012 - Spring 2013 Round 1 Implementation in Target Student Environments Summer 2013 Software Refinement Stage 1 Fall 2013 - Spring 2014 Round 2 Implementation in Target Student Environments Summer 2014 Software Refinement Stage 2
- Phase 3: Final Deployment and Testing
Summer 2014 Transition to Local Services Fall 2014 - Spring 2015 Final Implementation to Target Student Environments and IT Services Summer 2015 Final Data Collection Effort